Homeschooling at TLPK provides
– supportive community, including a monthly support group meeting for home schooling parents, a closed Facebook group, mailing list, traditional homeschoolers’ autumn day in Tartu, regular gathering for homeschoolers, and more.
– supervised co-learning days and support for parent-initiated co-learning.
advice and services of homeschooling coordinators and support specialists.
Coordinator support for all families:
– ready-made form for drafting the individual curriculum,
initial counseling for its implementation and organization of homeschooling,
– instructions for compiling and submitting the portfolio,
development interview once in a half-year,
– assistance in evaluating the achievement of learning goals, and planning for the next half-year.
Additional support according to the needs of the parent:
– list of weekly or monthly activities compatible with national learning objectives,
– regular contact and feedback,
– tips for organizing homeschooling,
– recommendations for individualisation of learning activities,
– recommendations for the involvement of support professionals or private teachers.
According to the law, the school is required to monitor the achievement of national learning objectives. This is done via the development discussion once in a half-year where the homeschoolers present their study portfolio.
The study portfolio may include:
– physical learning materials (exercise books, workbooks, training or nutrition or other diaries, handicraft, works of art, etc.);
– learning materials in digital environments (eg tasks done and recorded in digital textbooks, training or nutrition or other journals, app statistics in smart devices);
– text, photo, video, audio or other files illustrating some of the learning objectives (art and craft projects can also be photographed, musical activities recorded into audio or video files, etc.);
– lists of books, films, tv-programmes, series, etc;
– links to websites, videos, video channels, etc;
– tasks performed in the online (for families who have chosen this option).
Contact us for more information at email@example.com